[sane-devel] Umax Astra 1200S freezing up

Petr Vicherek petr@ied.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 09:02:26 -0400

   When  I was using Umax 1220S with the  LSI Logic / Symbios Logic
(formerly NCR) 53c875 (rev 03)
SCSI card, I experienced the same problem in average about every 50 scans.

If I remember well... (let me know):
   I assume, that this has something to do with the SCSI error feedback
capability in Linux drivers.
That is perhaps also the reason for SCSI being rewritten (Hopefuly
before 2.6), unfortunately not
exactly the way Jorge Shilling of cdrecord wanted, that is SCSI errors
being able to callback the
calling application.

   Petr V.