[sane-devel] Problems problems problems

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:19:19 -0500 (EST)

> > > The source code does not depend on any specific glibc version. In
> > > fact, it doesn't depend on glibc at all.
> > So, why does it refuse to install (as says yast2) because my libc.so.6 is the
> > wrong version ?
>
> I can only repeat what I said: "The source code does not depend on any
> specific glibc version. In fact, it doesn't depend on glibc at all."
>
> If you talk about yast2 complaining, you didn't build from source, did
> you? If you use RPMs, they may be made for one specific distribution
> and version of libc, but that's not connected to SANE at all. The SANE
> project does not provide RPMs.

steven,

if you are going to use yast and vendor compiled packages for everything,
rather than following the directions that come with the source code of
the package, then you should direct all your questions to the group that
made the compiled version (SUSE?).

if you are going to actually make this work, you should download the src
tarball and install it yourself.

try:

tar xzf sanetarballname.tgz
cd sanedirectoryname
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
make
make install

then do the same for the frontends package. you will need gtk headers on
the system for Xsane to build, you should have a package for that with
your os.

allan