[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 4200 backend ("hp4200") and SANE 1.0.13

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:01:37 +0000

There is a bug in the "hp4200" backend. It recognizes an HP ScanJet 4200
even if only another (arbitrary) USB scanner is connected. "scanimage
-L" or xsane list an HP ScanJet 4200 with the URI
hp4200:/dev/usb/scanner0 whenever a USB scanner is connected and the
"hp4200" line in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf is not commented out. xsane
naturally gives an error message when trying to scan on this
non-existing HP ScanJet 4200 ("Failed to open device
'hp4200:/dev/usb/scanner0': Operation not supported").

The actual scanners I have on my test box are the Epson Perfection 2450
Photo and the HP PSC 950 (with HPOJ 0.91).

    Till