[sane-devel] .fr.po - first snapshot

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:52:19 +0100

Once upon a time (on Tuesday 18 February 2003 11:36), Henning Meier-Geinitz wisely wrote:
 > No real idea. The English/German dictionary knows "Glanzpunkt" and
 > "Spitzlichter", those are very bright areas when taking photos. But
 > those are special terms, too. I have never heard them before looking
 > up them.

I think I'll go on with Stef's translation of 'contraste' that with a bit of
thinking looks quite appropriate here.

 > There's one problem with your file: It isn't in UTF-8:

Yes I know... :-( I was planning on sending an UTF-8-coded file when
translation would be finished, but as it was only a snapshot, I leaved it
in ISO8859-15 charset.

 > And there was a missing quote in line 2097 :-)

Ooops... :-/ In fact, didn't even tried to use it, as no sane is presently
installed (building from scratch my box), and scanning is far at the bottom
of my list of things that have to work!

 > I've used recode to convert to utf8, I hope the result is ok. There
 > was a problem with the word "qualité", I hope that's fixed now. There
 > may be more problems that arose from converting the file because the
 > already translated parts were UTF-8 already.

I'll check all this... <checking>  OK, looks like nothing bad happened!

Oh, by the way, what about the lines at the end of the file that look like:
---
#~ msgid "blah-blah"
#~ msgstr "french blah-blah"
---
Do I need to remove these as well?

 > I've committed the modified file to CVS.

Did you? I wasn't even thinking of it being ready to be committed :-/
Anyway, except for hightlight that's gonna be translated by the WE, the file
won't change. Dither will remain dither, until someone complains! ;-)

Regards,
Yann.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI@home  890 | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  |