[sane-devel] sane 1.0.9 crashes

Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:16:50 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 05:22:00PM +0100, Per Aalrust wrote:
> I've produced output with SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 It's just
> the part after xscanimage has started and I have clicked the
> resolution slider once for the first error message, but xscanimage
> was still alive. After a second click in the slider it died with a
> segmentation fault. See below:
>
> [epson] sane_get_parameters()
> [epson] max x:0 y:0
> [epson] param x:d y:0
> [epson] Preview = 0
> [epson] Resolution = 301
> [epson] get para 0x80b5490 0x80b5b14 tlx 0.000000 tly 0.000000 brx 215.899994
> bry 297.179993 [mm]
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1163 (gtk_object_ref): assertion
> `object->ref_count > 0' failed.

The epson backend maintainer may understand that better, but my
impression is that xscanimage sets the resolution to 301 but it
shouldn't. In fact I'm surprised that xscanimage provides a slider at
all. The epson backend code shows that the backend provides a "word
list" so, xscanimage shouldn't show a slider but a selection menu.

Does xsane show a slider or a selection menu with fixed values for the
resolution?

Are you sure you are using the epson backend from SANE 1.0.9 and not
the Epson software (KOWA)?

Also make sure that there is no old *.rc file in ~/.sane/xscanimage/ .
I don't know if old files can make trouble here but you never know.