[sane-devel] [ANN] Plustek Backend update V0.45-1

Jaeger, Gerhard gerhard@gjaeger.de
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:59:07 +0100

Hi,

On Sunday, 12. January 2003 15:43, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
[SNIP]
> > Hmpf! Depends on how you classify status? On one hand you're
> > right - the scanner is not supported perfectly, on the other hand,
> > the backend code is stable so far - so what?
>
> For the backend status I think "alpha" is "works somehow, but may
> crash or do unexpected things". "beta": "Works ok but not 100% stable
> in all situations".
>
> For the per-scanner status I usually use something like that: "alpha":
> is detected and does scan something, but colors may be completeyl off.
> "beta": works, but maybe not in all modes or up to the highest
> resolution. "stable": everything works.
>
> Usually if I put a comment after the scanner that describes something
> that doesn't work it's not stable. But that's only my personal opinion.

think you're right here - we have the backend status and at least
the per-scanner status, so we should, ahem I should use this more
precisely - I'll change it before 1.0.10 release.

Gerhard