[sane-devel] [ANN] Plustek Backend update V0.45-1

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:07:49 -0500

On Saturday 11 January 2003 10:05, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
Announcing a new 45-1 release.

In addition to my other excess verbiage report, I should add that
the only way to shut the epson 1250u lamp off is to wait out the
idle period before quitting, or quit and restart, then quit again
once its recognized the scanner and blinked the light once then
turned it off.  A simple quit while the lamp is still on will leave
it on.  And I do have those options set in my plustek.conf.  Or at
least I *did* have them set.  On checking to make sure of my facts,
I found the loffOnEnd was 0, and lampOff also at 0.  So I assume my
file was overwritten at some point by a fresher version.

Resetting those, the lampOff delay now works.  But I'm back to the
other oddments I had before, like the first preview run looked
pretty good, but the histogram windows showed only a single line.

The trim each color set of sliders that you get when clicking on the
lower left icon was normal at that point.  A rescan then set
everything to maximum except the gamma sliders, and the formerly 2
stops too bright preview display dropped about 5 stops in britness,
with the histograms now showing the raw only covering the leftmost
1/3 of that window, and processed only covering the leftmost 2/3rds
of the display.

Do we have a wild pointer someplace?  Memory allocated but not
initialized till after the first run?  Something is certainly odd.

I stopped it, restarted it, and got both histograms properly filled
in this time, and with the preview display now about 1 stop dark,
and the raw is using the left 1/3rd, but the enhanced is now full
scale.  Bringing the gamma up to 1.3 in all channels like I set in
the plustek.conf makes the previewed image look very good.  I'm
gonna stop it and restart it after I've caused some memory
shuffling so it doesn't get its own memory back.  I'll be back
later.
--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M