[sane-devel] Canon Lide30: success!

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:45:33 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:21:21AM +0100, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> Some of the remaining LM983x projects have stopped their work and
> put a link the Plustek page. Some have not (the sourceforge project for
> the LiDE30), as this guy plays around with the code on his own for to improve
> the image settings, we're in contact and try to use each others results...

Ok.

> Then 1210 might also be supported as well by the Plustek backend, but I
> don't have any test device and no requests about that...

I tried to find out if this is a lm983x by looking at the code but I
gave up after some minutes. And there isn't much infor on this scanner
on the web.

> Maybe I should rename the backend to merlin or LM983x, at least for these
> devices...

I guess most people won't know that their scanner uses a lm983x or
even "merlin" chip so I don't think it's worth the work.

In my opinion, changing the name would only make sense if you wanted to
split the backend in two separate backends.

bye,
  Henning