[sane-devel] Canon Lide30: success!

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:21:21 +0100

Hi there,

On Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2003 22:49, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not being the plustek maintainer but responding anyway:
>
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 12:53:08PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> > * why isn't plustek-sane part of sane? Wouldn't this make things much
> > easier for all owners of a canon (and other) scanner?
>
> Wrong question :-) The Plustek backend is included in SANE. You may
> need the updates from the plustek backend page if you have an older
> version of the source code, however. With sane-backends-1.0.10-pre3
> you should be uptodate.

See my mail!

> > (I think it's also time to close down the ucanoscan project on
> > sourceforge, if anyone of that project is listening - it's very confu=
sing
> > to first find this stuff, which is in very alpha state, to only later
> > find out that the plustek driver handles Canon scanners just fine... =
But
> > well if becomes part of sane out of the box, then people won't have t=
> > worry about that.)
>
> There are 5 or 6 projects for NS LM983x based scanners. I've removed
> all of them from the SANE projects file and only added the
> canonscanner project to the lists because it provides support for the
> 1210 (at least for FreeBSD) which doesn't seem to be supported by any
> backend.

Some of the remaining LM983x projects have stopped their work and=20
put a link the Plustek page. Some have not (the sourceforge project for
the LiDE30), as this guy plays around with the code on his own for to imp=
rove
the image settings, we're in contact and try to use each others results..=
=2E

Then 1210 might also be supported as well by the Plustek backend, but I
don't have any test device and no requests about that...

Maybe I should rename the backend to merlin or LM983x, at least for these
devices...

Cheers
  Gerhard