[sane-devel] About the trouble about the operativity of kooka

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 06:56:19 -0400

On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 06:14 AM, hironori kohno wrote:

> <20030701083830.GA3290@meier-geinitz.de> $B$N!"(B
>    "Re: [sane-devel] About the trouble about the operativity of
> kooka" $B$K$*$$$F!"(B
>    "Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de>"$B$5$s$O=q$-(B
> $B$^$7$?!'(B
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 02:43:55PM +0900, hironori kohno wrote:
>>> i am using Kooka in the kde environment.
>>> However, although "adf" and "fb" are
>>> displayed on the setting screen of source,
>>> it is surely reset by setup of "adf".
>>>
>>> Although I want to also confirm a setup of "fb",
>>> what should it carry out?
>>
>> Does this happen with other fronetnds (xsane, xscanimage) also? If
>> yes, it's probably a problem with the fujitsu backend.
>
> i am sorry.
> i do not have any scanners other than fujitsu-scanner.

Henning did not ask you to test with another backend (which is scanner
related), but
with a different frontend (e.g. xsane, xscanimage, quiteinsane, ...)
Kooka is also a
frontend. The frontend provides the user interface, and can "talk" to
any Sane
backend, so you don't need a different scanner.

Karl Heinz