[sane-devel] any drivers do software calibration?

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:59:04 -0400 (EDT)

with the adf fujitsu scanners, in grayscale or color, we get fine, lightly
colored lines as a part of the scanned image, and the 'background' behind
the document when the scan window exceeeds the size of the paper looks
mottled gray, as reported on this list.

i can find no way in the interface manual to prevent this in hardware,
though it has been reported that the same scanners under twain do not
display these problems.

hence, i assume that this can be corrected in software. are any of the
existing sane backends doing this internally? i would like to do something
similar as an option in the fujitsu backend...

thanks,

allan noah