[sane-devel] UMAX Astra 2200 USB weirdness

ope ope557@yahoo.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 00:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

I have an UMAX Astra 2200 scanner that I connecting to
through USB.  My problem is basically this:

When I use xsane I can preview as many times as I want
without any problems.  However, once I actually try to
scan I sometimes have success and sometimes don't.
When I can't successfully scan what happens is that
the scanner runs, the lamp moves completely down and
back again, the 'REceiving RGB Data' progress bar is
just about complete and then xsane completely freezes.

Sometimes if I just leave it for 5-10 minutes the
scanned image eventually pops up other times I can
leave it for more than an hour and the application is
still frozen.

Here is what I see in messages:
kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus2/2,
assigned device number 7
kernel: usb.c: USB device 7 (vend/prod 0x1606/0x230)
is not claimed by any active driver.
kernel: usb.c: registered new driver usbscanner
kernel: scanner.c: 0.4.6:USB Scanner Driver
kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
last message repeated 2 times
last message repeated 3 times
kernel: scanner.c: read_scanner(0): excessive NAK's
received

sane-find-scanner shows:
found USB scanner (vendor=0x1606, product=0x0230) at
/dev/usb/scanner0