[sane-devel] TWAIN on SANE

Stephen Williams steve@icarus.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:09:46 -0700

priyag@newgen.co.in said:
> I have an interface for scanner on TWAIN protocol for windows.=A0 Now i=

> need to port it on the LINUX.  =

The TWAIN working group occasionally wonders about porting TWAIN to
Linux, or defining a Linux variant of TWAIN. The former is iffy due
to integration with the Windows message pump, and the latter comes
with a lack of motivation from the involved parties.

There is a SaneTWAIN datasource for Windows that allows Windows TWAIN
apps access scanners over the network via SANE and the scanner's SANE
driver, but I've not heard of any Linux version of that. If to write
such a thing, the TWG might be interested.
-- =

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,