[sane-devel] New release of the alpha version of hp5400 SANE backend

Thomas Soumarmon soumarmt@nerim.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:06:12 +0100

Hi everybody,

Martijn have done more great work those days. It is still an alpha versio=
n as=20
it is not full featured and there are still two major bugs :=20
* the image goes fuzzier as the resolution increases=20
* 1200 and 2400 dpi images are scrambled.
Except of that, 75 and 150 dpi are working pretty well.

The release is downloadable at http://sourceforge.net/projects/hp5400back=
end/

The most significant modifications are :
- improved calibration
- implemented gamma correction
- Add support for new SCANOFFSET command 0xE700. This means we can remove
  all the options relating to offsets in xsane itself. This might require
  adjustment depending on the model of scanner.
- Add support for the two kinds of types of scan requests. This is what
  controls whether to use the scan offsets.
- Add a ScanType parameter so we can distinguish between previews and nor=
mal
  scans. In future we'll use this to control the scan speed.
- Add code to protect the scanner against silly mistakes. It will restric=
  your scan area to the glass and no more.=20

Have a nice day,

Thomas.