[sane-devel] newbie: ever run Laserjet 3015 scanner?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu@realss.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:31:51 +0800

Hello. I just brought a new Laserjet 3015 multifunction
printer/scanner/fax. It is not listed as compatible printer in
linuxprinting.org but someone reported the near model 3020 and 3030
works (both printing and scanning). So I just brought it to give a try.

The printing works perfect (configure CUPS using postscript PPD file).
However I cannot get scanning work on my Gentoo Linux with sane-backend
1.0.14 and xsane 0.93, kernel version 2.6.7 (i guess I have libusb
compiled but I don't know how to check).

Mr *Ivan Krstic* (ccikrs1 at cranbrook.edu) reported on
linuxprinting.org the 3020/3030 model 'Scanning works with the "hpoj"
SANE backend, <http://hpoj.sourceforge.net>'. Perhaps 3015 is using the
same scanner?

I have hotplug service running, I have usb hotplug enabled in kernel,
usbfs is enabled but not mounted (according to sane-usb(5) I don't have
to mount usbfs if I have hotplug running). However here is my
find-scanner message (why the scanner is not found?)

root@Sappho /home/zhangweiwu # sane-find-scanner

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a driver for your USB host controller and have
installed a
  # kernel scanner module.

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

My dmesg shows:

usb 1-1: new low speed USB device using address 2
input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [062a:0000] on usb-0000:00:1f.2-1
usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using address 3
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 3 if 0
alt 1 proto 2 vid 0x03F0 pid 0x1617

<mailto:general-list%40linuxprinting.org?Subject=%5Blp.general%5D%20%5BNEW-HP%5D%20HP%20LaserJet%203020%2C%203030%20all-in-ones&In-Reply-To=>