[sane-devel] scanimage cannot see Umax Astra 2100S scanner.

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:37:53 +0100

Russ Pitman wrote:

> abel deuring wrote:
> > Russ,
> > These nearly the comamnd I meant ;) But I'd like to see the _combined_
> > output from SANE_DEBUG_UMAX and SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI, so the command
> > would be:
> >
> > SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255 SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 scanimage -d
> > umax:/dev/scanner
> >
> Okay fine.
> >
> > SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255 SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 scanimage -d
> > umax:/dev/scanner 2> debug.txt
>
> Maybe someone else has an interest,and you are right. It isn't so big after
> all.

Russ,

from a certain point on (line 679 in the debug output), many SCSI
commands sent to the scanner return an error: "host status: 0004". A
non-zero host status means that something is wrong with the SCSI adapter
or with the driver of the adapter. A quick look into the advansys driver
gave me the impression that the driver returns this error as a sort of
generic failure indication (though I wouldn't claim to be a kernal
hacker). Perhaps /var/log/messages contains some details about the
problem.

Abel