[sane-devel] HP5370C still not working

insane@piments.com insane@piments.com
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:41:29 +0200

I'm not sure how much of this can be laid at the door of "USB", I think it
is more specifically trouble with SANE backends.

I had wasted probably weeks trying to get my cannon FB630U to work under
2.6x kernels until some helpful sole suggested I try vuescan.

This worked beautifully straight out of the box and produces better
results that I had got with the sane backend when it did work under 2.4

I would like to work with open source solutions but there is a limit to
how much time I can reasonably spend on a broken driver (and I have
already over-stepped that mark by an order of magnitude. ) Emails to the
maintainer remain unanswered.

Big thanks to the guy who made me aware of vuescan.

Regards to all.