[sane-devel] minor: libusb not recognized

Julien TIERNY julien.tierny@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:46:38 +0200

hi all,
	I have a HP2400 scanjet scanner (USB) and I've just patched the sane source
code with the genesys backend for test purpose. Everythinng went fine at
compilation time.
	but here's sane-find-scanner's output:

"
searching for SCSI scanners:
checking /dev/scanner... failed to open (Invalid argument)
checking /dev/sg0... failed to open (Invalid argument)
(...)
checking /dev/sgz... failed to open (Invalid argument)
  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
  # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
  # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".

searching for USB scanners:
checking /dev/usb/scanner... failed to open (Invalid argument)
checking /dev/usb/scanner0... failed to open (Invalid argument)
(...)
checking /dev/usbscanner15... failed to open (Invalid argument)
  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a driver for your USB host controller and have installed a
  # kernel scanner module.

  # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports can't
be
  # detected by this program.
done
"

while lsusb give:
"
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 03f0:0a01 Hewlett-Packard
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0472:0065 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd PFU-65 Keyboard
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 0472:0065 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd PFU-65 Keyboard
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 06b9:4061 Alcatel Telecom Speed Touch ISDN
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
"

I'm affraid sane-find-scanner doesn't try to check the libusb access method. I
didn't compile the scanner support in linux kernel (I thought I shouldn't).
Am I wrong ?

What's your opinion ?

thanx, julien