[sane-devel] Problems with libusb (WAS:Upgrading sane-backend on Mandrake 10.0)

Lloyd Sumpter lsumpter@dccnet.com
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:35:28 -0700

Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 08:03:23AM -0800, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
>
> Strange date.

Sorry, had just rebooted (from the problems between harddrake and
sane-find-scanner) and hadn't run rdate yet.

<snip>

Thanks for your help! But on Sept 29, you wrote:

 > On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:22:01PM -0700, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
 >
 > > [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_usb to 255.
 > > [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: couldn't open /dev/usb/scanner0: No
such  > device
 > > [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: found 0 devices
 >

 > Oh. That means that SANE isn't built with libusb support. It only
 > searches for /dev/usb/ but not for libusb devices.
 >
 > As your sane-find-scanner program finds libusb devices, maybe you have
 > an old installation of the SANE backends without libusb support that's
 > used by scanimage?

Note that sane-find-scanner DOES find the scanner (using libusb), but
scanimage does not.

PLEASE, any help would be appreciated - I've been working on this for weeks!

Lloyd Sumpter