[sane-devel] Re: Need recomendation linux/sane compat scanner w/fast 2bit/greyscale ADF

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:32:03 -0400

m. allan noah wrote:
> the scanner speed on the 4120C was limited by the speed of the bus. to
> be honest, i only go up to 200dpi, so i have not tested the speed of the
> 4120C2 at higher resolutions.

I just checked with Fujitsu's online support (should have done that
first), and they stated that the FI-4120C2 achieves the following rates
over SCSI and USB 2.0:

150dpi: 25 ppm
200dpi: 25 ppm
300dpi: 15 ppm
600dpi:  3 ppm

quite a notable slowdown, but I think anything in this price range will be
similarly affected. It may just be a physical limit of the optical
technology, where high resolutions can't be satisfactorily resolved if the
paper is moving too quickly through the ADF. Thanks.