[sane-devel] Error message with scanimage -L

Bertrik Sikken bertrik at zonnet.nl
Sat Aug 27 20:58:30 UTC 2005

Luca wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 16:47, Bertrik Sikken wrote:
>

>>This is weird.
>>You should get the same response when running the scanimage -L command
>>twice. Perhaps the first time, hotplug had not updated the USB
>>permissions yet. What kernel are you running?
>

> My kernel is 2.6.12-r6. I tried with some previous kernel as well but same
> results. Anyway, I continue to have these two output with calls to the
> scanimage -L, look:
>
> -------------------------------
> cluca linux # scanimage -L
> scanimage: hp-option.c:3710: hp_optset_fix_geometry_options: Assertion `tl_x
> && tl_y && br_x && br_y' failed.
> Aborted
> cluca linux # scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
> cluca linux # scanimage -L
> scanimage: hp-option.c:3710: hp_optset_fix_geometry_options: Assertion `tl_x
> && tl_y && br_x && br_y' failed.
> Aborted
> cluca linux # scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
> cluca linux # scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
> cluca linux # scanimage -L
> scanimage: hp-option.c:3710: hp_optset_fix_geometry_options: Assertion `tl_x
> && tl_y && br_x && br_y' failed.
> Aborted
> cluca linux # scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
>
> :-) It continue to change.
>

>>>Some months ago, I was successfull in setting up sane, but now I'm
>>>finding difficulties. The scanner is a HP PSC1317. scanimage version is:
>>>
>>>cluca linux # scanimage --version
>>>scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.15; backend version 1.0.15
>>>
>>>I saw that someone else is having the same error, and found to see the
>>>output of this command; I can't understand anything but it seems not good
>>>the second one:
>>>
>>>cluca linux # sane-find-scanner -q
>>>found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [hp], product=0x3f11 [psc 1310 series ])
>>>at libusb:002:002
>>>cluca linux # ls -l /proc/bus/ubs/002/002
> [...]

Sorry, I can't help you further. I think you should try to contact the
maintainer of the HP backend.

You could try to have a look at the debug output of the HP backend
(type "export SANE_DEBUG_HP=255" or something similar and then see
what happens when you run scanimage).
Or perhaps SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 to see what backends get loaded.

Kind regards,
Bertrik