[sane-devel] epson 4180 epkowa

Mickael Profeta mike@alezan.org
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:38:31 +0100

Hi,

>>/usr/lib/libesint43.so: undefined symbol: __gxx_personality_v0
>>May this line explain why I can not use scanimage
>>-depkowa:libusb:004:005 or xscanimage?
>>

>Yes, it does.  It indicates a dependency problem with the standard C++
>libraries that libesint43.so needs and the ones that are installed on
>your system.  The odd things is though, that you report that you can
>use your scanner when using iscan ...  Hmm, iscan itself is written in
>C++ (nominally at least) so it probably loads the required library in
>time for libesint43.so (which is loaded dynamically) to use.  When you
>use scanimage (written in pure C), this does not happen so ...

Ok, Thanks for the information.
I manage to compile a version of scanimage which is compatible with the
epkowa backend by replacing

LINK = $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@
LINK = g++ $(LDFLAGS) -o $@

in the frontend/Makefile of sane-backends.

This a temporary good solution ;-)

Some more questions now that I can scan with scanimage.
Why the brightness option is not activate?

# ./scanimage --help -d epkowa

[...]
    --brightness 0..0 [inactive]
        Selects the brightness.
[...]

Is it possible to tune contrast/brightness in another way?

Many thanks for your help!

Mike