[sane-devel] Agfa SnapScan 310 SCSI lock-up

abel deuring adeuring@gmx.net
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:53:08 +0100

Ramius wrote:
> I have an Agfa SnapScan 310 SCSI scanner, that should be supported by SANE.
[...]
> The kernel found the scanner:
>
> | ramius@debian:~$ dmesg
> | Linux version 2.6.8-1-386 (joshk@trollwife) (gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian
> 1:3.3.5-2)) #1 Thu Nov 25 04:24:08 UTC 2004
> | [...]
> |   ACARD AEC-671X PCI Ultra/W SCSI-3 Host Adapter: 0 IO:e400, IRQ:11.
> |         ID:  2  AGFA    SNAPSCAN 310    1.20
> |         ID:  7  Host Adapter
> | scsi0 : ACARD AEC-6710/6712/67160 PCI Ultra/W/LVD SCSI-3 Adapter

that's probably the atp870u driver, which had some problems at least in
older kernel versions. I thought though that these problems were fixed
meanwhile.

> The problems begin when I try to scan with xsane (or scanimage). The
> scan unit does startup moviments then locks up when begin to scan.
> The hardware should be ok, because with windows xp the scanner works
> without problem. Now I have a Debian Sarge/testing, but I had the same
> problem with other distributions.
> Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Can you send the debug output from running scanimage or another frontend
with the environmnet variables SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255 and
SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 ?

Abel