[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250Photo doesn't work.

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Thu Jul 14 06:30:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Thursday 14 July 2005 08:29, Slawomir Sejda wrote:
> Hi, everybody
>
> I'd like to report the problem with Epson Perfection 1250 Photo and latest
> CVS snapshot.
> What's the problem. Scanner is detected by sane-find-scanner:
>
> [vacuum@d4rk5t4r~]%sane-find-scanner
>
>    # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
>    # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
>    # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.
>
>    # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
>      that
>    # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x010f [EPSON Scanner
> 010F], chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:001:006
>    # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
>      supported by
>    # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
>
>    # Not checking for parallel port scanners.
>
>    # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary
>      ports
>    # can't be detected by this program.
>
>    # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
>    # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
>    # necessary.
> [vacuum@d4rk5t4r~]%
>
> But can't be identified by scanimage:
>
> [vacuum@d4rk5t4r~]%scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
> check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
> sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
> which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).
> [vacuum@d4rk5t4r~]%
>
> And finally the most important is that everything was okey before latest
> changes in plustek backend. So I think something is wrong with that.

it's funny, because I'm currently scanning some pictures with the 1250
and the plustek backend ;)

Please try:
export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=20 ; scanimage -L

and send the output. If you got almost the same as without the export
statement, then please check your dll.conf (should be in /etc/sane.d/ or
/usr/local/etc)

Ciao
Gerhard