[sane-devel] Epson 3590

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Mon Oct 3 22:07:48 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Monday 03 October 2005 18:43, Bauke Jan Douma wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 03:15:41AM +0200, Ulrich Deiters wrote:
> > I set the no-preview bit (source |= 0x40;) in snapscan-scsi.c
> > after line 922, and the problem vanished, i.e., the scanner
> > does a quick, undistorted scan of the whole scan area without
> > hanging itself.
>
> That's odd, I have a 3490, and --although I don't often use it--
> I was under the impression that the few times I did use it, preview
> worked fine.  I never experienced any 'hangs', and got a quick
> scan that looked and smelled like a preview.

It's possible that the behaviour depends on the version of the
firmware. Maybe you can both check the version that you have in use.
The easiest way to identify the firmware version is to run

strings esfw52.bin | tail

You'll get some garbage strings, but the version string should be easy
to recognize.

/Oliver