[sane-devel] Umax Astra 2100U color problem, would like to help

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Oct 17 17:30:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 01:16:03PM -0400, Patrick Lessard wrote:
> I own a Astra 2100U and as everyone knows, compatibility is almost complete
> with this model.

Well, status is "minimal".

> I would like to try to help solving the color problem.

Sounds good. Helps means that you must write a patch to fix the
problem, I guess :-)

> My C/C++ is very rusted, but I can try anyway.

Only C is necessary.

> Any recommendations of getting things started? What are the tools I should
> use to test, debug, etc...

I don't know anything about that scanner but generally speaking, I'd
look at what the Windows driver does and adjust the backend so it
works correctly:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/develop.html

And you need the source code of sane-backends, obviously.

> If any more skilled programmers would like to help or do it :), I can do the
> tests, no problem.

As the maintainer of this backend is not active anymore it's most
probably up to you to fix this problem. If you have any specific
questions, feel free to ask on this list.