[sane-devel] Umax Astra 2100U color problem, would like to he lp

Patrick Lessard Patrick.Lessard at cogeco.com
Mon Oct 17 17:41:54 UTC 2005

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Rest of the answers are inline.

The scans output are not usable, but according to the last developper, it
should be only a matter of color calibration.
All of the other functions are working 100%.

> > I would like to try to help solving the color problem.
>
> Sounds good. Helps means that you must write a patch to fix the
> problem, I guess :-)

Yes, that's my goal! :)

> > My C/C++ is very rusted, but I can try anyway.
>
> Only C is necessary.

Good!

> > Any recommendations of getting things started? What are the
> tools I should
> > use to test, debug, etc...
>
> I don't know anything about that scanner but generally speaking, I'd
> look at what the Windows driver does and adjust the backend so it
> works correctly:
> http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/develop.html
>
> And you need the source code of sane-backends, obviously.
>
> > If any more skilled programmers would like to help or do it
> :), I can do the
> > tests, no problem.
>
> As the maintainer of this backend is not active anymore it's most
> probably up to you to fix this problem. If you have any specific
> questions, feel free to ask on this list.

Thanks for the link, it should get me started.

I'll try to post in here as soon as I have some imporvements.

Patrick.