[sane-devel] Getting Clever CAM 360 IS NOW WORKING PARTIALLY - running gphoto2 version 2.1.6

kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu
Sun Sep 18 04:22:23 UTC 2005

Martin,

Thanks for letting us know that the photo was mirrored, and thanks
for sending me the raw version of the photo.  It came out pretty
much the same as it should for me, after I did the following special steps
while converting to PPM format:

Vertical flip (byte-reversal of entire image)

horizontal flip (byte-reversal of each individual row)

and after this I used BAYER_TILE_GBRG

and got a decent photo with the colors only slightly off from the scanned
image. Thus I think your entry is a little bit off and probably you should
change it to read as follows

{"Clever CAM 360", 0x797, 0x8001, {
 		jd350e,
 		BAYER_TILE_GBRG,
 		&trust350fs_postprocessing,
 		"scope%04i.ppm"
  	}
},

and then it might come out right with the color correction routines which
are built in the trust350fs_postprocessing routine.

Mind you, I cannot test this directly without a camera; Marcus Meissner
is the expert on the polaroid driver. I am not. I can only report what I
had to do to get a half-decent-looking photo out of your raw file.
The rest is speculation, but this is probably a good place to start.

Theodore Kilgore