[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 25 scanner

Luke Kendall lukekendall at optushome.com.au
Wed Sep 28 11:25:29 UTC 2005

I read the thread "CanoScan LiDE 25" that finished on Mon Jul 18 06:24:08 UTC 2005.

I've just bought one of these and found I couldn't get it to work under
SuSE 9.2 (though I saw a review of MandrakeMove that seemed to indicate
it worked with no special effort there).

I have the scanner working okay under MacOS X, so although I can't
easily run Windows to snoop any useful info for you, if you can point
me at a tool I can use under MacOS X to gather any info for you, I'd be
happy to try (and to try any Linux experiments).  My experince under
SuSE was similar to the poster - scanimage -L reported no supported
devices, but sane-find-scanner sees it and gets the manufacturer and
model info correct.

luke