[sane-devel] Low priced (ADF) scanner with at least 4PPM?

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sat Jul 29 15:05:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Monday 24 July 2006 02:20, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> The ADF should be supported out of the box (assuming you use our RPMs,
> that is).  BTW, our backend does NOT support scanning at resolutions
> larger than 3200dpi.

And are as binary only as the alc1100 CUPS driver that includes a GPL
boilderplate but just ships the binary?

A binary, linked with aging GCC versions requiring a compat libstdc++ to be
installed?

A binary, only available for i386 and has no change on our company amd64, ppc*
ia64 and what not computers to function at all?

Thanks - we told the equipment department to ships those junk back and get us
some real Postscript printers or those that have a open source rasterizer.

Yours,

--
  René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45