[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE20 still jamming

Fibonacci Prower fibonacci.prower at gmail.com
Mon May 15 07:29:31 UTC 2006

2006/5/15, Gerhard Jaeger <gerhard at gjaeger.de>:
> On Sunday 14 May 2006 19:26, Fibonacci Prower wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I tried downloading the sources for the SANE frontends and backends
> > from http://www.sane-project.org/source.html. Then compiled and
> > installed them under Fedora Core 5, ran scanimage, and my scanner (a
> > CanoScan LiDE20 USB) jammed right at the beginning, with the lamps on.
> > Then, I booted Knoppix, copied to ramdisk the same sources I had
> > downloaded, compiled and installed just as I had done under Fedora,
> > ran scanimage, and the scanner worked without a problem!
> >
> > What can I do to make my scanner work under Fedora?
>
> Tell me which version of SANE is incluced in Knoppix, to find out
> the diffs.

I don't remember (it's Knoppix 4.0.2, though). But is it really
relevant? I didn't use the version that came with Knoppix, but the
sources which I had already downloaded on Fedora, which, I believe,
are version 1.0.17 for the backends, and 1.0.14 for the frontends.

> Ciao
> Gerhard

Eye halve a spelling chequer, it came with my pea see
It plane lee marques four my revue miss steaks aye can knot sea
Eye ran this poem threw it -  your shore reel glad two no
Its vary polished in it's weigh, my chequer tolled me sew.