[sane-devel] Status of Canon LiDE 40

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun May 21 17:07:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-05-21 19:02, Nikolas Arend wrote:
> seeing that more and more scanner models of the LiDE series become
> supported... is there any progress for the LiDE 80? I can't help coding
> atm, but I could test the backend. The LiDE 80 is still listed as
> unsupported, but I guess its chipset is such that the genesys backend
> can support it in principle.

The Canon LiDE 35, 40, 50, and 60 are nearly identical so it was easy
to support them once the 35 worked. However, the LiDE 80 seems to be a
bit different.

So as with any other gl646/841 scanner a user has to create log files,
understand them and moidfy the genesy backend appropriately. See lots
of discussions on sane-devel. As with other scanners, it won't happen
automatically, it has to be done by users who own these scanners. If
this doesn't happen, this scanner will never be supported.