[sane-devel] UMAX Astra 1200S

Get A. Long g3t4l0ng at hotmail.com
Thu May 25 10:21:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

I was given an oldish UMAX Astra 1200S which according to the previous owner
worked fine, but that he had lost any accompanying floppy disks. I tried to
find drivers for my Windows machine with no luck. I also have a SUSE 10.1
installation on another machine  where I had hoped it might work, again
depending on driver availability. A recent post on this list indicated that
some people have had luck with their 1200S but other information indicate
there are no drivers for 1200S available. Are there different versions of
the 1200S, like USB, SCSI and Parallel Port, with different driver
requirements?

What are my chances of getting this scanner to work within a near future?
(It is essentially my daughter who is anxious to know...)

David