[sane-devel] Plustek ST24

Stéphane VOLTZ stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Nov 30 06:48:43 CET 2006

Le samedi 25 novembre 2006 03:02, Tymoteusz.Drozd a écrit :
> hi all
> recently i've discover that in backend/gensys_devices.c is placed sort
> of values for ST24.
> iv done small change in backend/gensys_devices.c:728 from
> COLOR_ORDER_BGR to COLOR_ORDER_RGB  and in same file at line 726 value
> 0,8,16 to 0,18,30.
> that gives correct colors on my plustek st 24 and good correction of ccd
> line-distance. Sadly only for resolution
> 600dpi which has wrong number of engine steps what can leads to damange
> of hardware. For simple workaround i limited y size  of scan area to 1/4
> of nominal size but its givs 600dpi x150dpi :/.
> If sobody have any ideas how can i correct number of steps for
> resolutions larger then  150 dpi plz msg me.
> Also i have fears that corect number of steps dosnt resolve problem with
> ccd line distance in resolutions difirent then 600 dpi(for 150 dpi those
> values are difirent 2,18,32 perhaps).
> Any ideas are welcome :)
>
> ps. sorry for my bad anglish ;) its 03:00 am and anglish isnt my native
> lang :>

	Hello,

	the only way I know to find steps values and other settings is to record USB
activity under windows. Then study it to understand what's going on. I use
usbsniff and a few custom scripts to turn raw logs in 'higher level' format
with genesys registers values and slope tables decoded.
	I can send them to you if you wish, or I can try them on a ST24 sniffed log
to see if they need to be  adapted.

Regards,
	Stef