[sane-devel] Can SANE backend do this

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Fri Oct 20 00:15:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Tom Miller wrote:

> Allan,
>
>> unfortunately, this does not meet the spirit of tom's
> request, as it will
>> make multiple files, and it does not handle the reloading of
> the hopper.
>>
>> tom, you need to investigate the existing front-ends, like
>> xsane/kooka/scanadf and see if they do this.
>
> I am building the dependencies package for xsane.
> I spent lot of time in building these packages and it still
> wanted more.....   These are the packages I had installed so
> far.  I am still having problem in building gtk... I am also
> there.

WHAT? your os already includes packages for all these things, you just
remove the existing sane-backends, and install v1.0.18, everything else
stays. you may have to do a --nodeps or --force or something when you
remove the original sane-backends, otherwise it will complain.

> if not, perhaps you can
>> write a new front-end that does this,
>
> I will have to do that if I can not find anything that
> already available.
>
>> as you and i talked about
>> previously. this is a front-end issue, not backend.
>
> Yes, you are right.  Now that I understand a little better
> how SANE work.

right- the backends just grab raster bitmaps from the scanner and hand
them to the front-end. the front-end decides what to do with the image.

check the archives at www.sane-project.org

allan