[sane-devel] Canon DR-4010C

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 19:43:03 UTC 2007

On 8/20/07, Marcus Hufgard (Kalkwerk Hufgard GmbH)
<Marcus.Hufgard at hufgard.de> wrote:
> Wittawat Yamwong schrieb:
> > Hi Marcus,
> >
> > On Monday 20 August 2007 08:18, Marcus Hufgard (Kalkwerk Hufgard GmbH) wrote:
> >
> >> I have a new Canon DR4010C. A perfect dokumentscanner :-) !
> >>
> >> The problem is, that it didn't work unter Linux.
> >>

> > Did you contact Canon about this? IIRC, your model is a business scanner.
> > Perhaps, Canon already has the driver for Linux.
> >
> > An alternative: Canon's European Developer Programmes
> > <http://www.developers.canon-europa.com/developer/home.nsf>.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> Hi!
>
> There is no linux driver for this, even tough this is a business modell.
>
> I write a letter today to Canon. But i think that allan get the
> documentation faster than me.
>
> I hope that allan can get the Data to write a driver. I think i could do
> this if i have the documentation for this Scanner.

i think you might be surprised at just how standard SCSI really is. if
you can get some usb traces of the windows driver in action using
benoit's usb sniffer:

http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/

i could give you more info. but, i can say that i have a plan to look
at these machines in the winter, even without the docs :)

allan