[sane-devel] [announce] coolscan3 release

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:26:12 UTC 2007

On 12/17/07, Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:46:24 +0100
> René Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:
>
> > > alongside RGB data and this is why you need my program tiffscan
> > > to read it. that's why the bakend is experimental and not
> > > suited for mainstream sane. I defined a new frame type,
> > > SANE_FRAME_RGBX for it.

there was no consensus at that time, but since then, those of us that
need these options have plowed ahead and added them to SANE 1. I
really dont want to see a proliferation of types, but as long as the
user is required to set some option to get the non-rgb output, and the
help text for that option explains that the frontend may break, it is
a workable solution. well, its more workable if we all agree on what
the new types are :)

maybe you could come back to the table, and we can get this backend into sane.

allan