[sane-devel] Avision scanimage & image quality

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Wed Jul 25 08:31:22 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 18:29:12 Richard Reina wrote:
> I have an Avision AV210 that I use to scan in documents with the scanimage command:
>
> scanimage --mode Dithered --resolution 200 --format tiff > file_name
>
> Can anyone recommend syntax to darken the document it and make it more clear?

All color tuning, including brightness, contrast and gamma also work in the
Dithered mode (in the Avision backend). Btw. Why do you use dithered at all?

If you want automatic thresholding you can scan in Gray (or Color) and use
optimize2bw from ExactImage:

  http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/econvert/
  http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/utilities/

Yours,

  Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
  Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
  USt-IdNr.: DE251602478