[sane-devel] scanner does not reset at start - is it umax 2100U problem only?

kanenas kanenas at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 17:59:50 CET 2007

 Hi,
running suse 10.1 or 10.2 x-86-64 in a biostar t550 motherboard. Use kooka to
scan from my umax astra 2100U usb scanner. Image quality is more than
adequate, however i have two problems:
1. I have hit the bug of 600 dpi full page scans and the freeze ups that
always come are troublesome. Any idea what the max scan size at 600 dpi is?
2. Upon startup, the scanner is not reset. If the bug listed above has
happened, the head is stopped somewhere in the middle and the only way to use
the scanner  again is to open up the machine and physically move the head
back to the start!!! Another option is to reload windows98 and use the only
driver the factory supplied, but i am not willing to go that far.
any chance that at least one of these two problems is resolved?
thanks,
dimitris