[sane-devel] Canon Canoscan 4400F

martin kontakt at podvodnik.cz
Wed Aug 27 15:45:12 UTC 2008

Hello all.

I decided to try add my scanner to sane. I'v read the recommendations
about how to do it however they are really rather general.

I have Canon Canoscan 4400F. In the table with supported scanners is at
this type written to be added to genesys backend. I just downloaded the
sources and there some places with defined values for each scanner. So
far okay.

Then i followed the advices and made some logs about usb traffic in the
windows environment (Snoopy2). There some common parts.. there is always
some bunch of data sending to the device at startup (possibly firmware)
.. there is still some traffic up and down.. some checking and so on...
however is there any advice how to recognize more? O just described
somewhere some process how to test  sending bunches of data to the
device via usb? Or should i use another sniffing tool to get better
readable usb logs?

Thanks for advices.
martin