[sane-devel] help with improving text scans

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 16:05:49 UTC 2008

2008/12/20 m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
>> Having written Perl bindings for SANE, I will be able to do a more
>> general interface, but please file the bug on Sourceforge or against
>> the Debian package in the mean time.

Now I remember the other problem with a general interface -
internationalisation. scanimage, for instance, doesn't seem to have
been translated:

LANGUAGE=de scanimage --help

produces English output.

If I look in saneopts.h, the macro SANE_I18N is used for all the
titles, but how do I get at the translations?

The option titles for the options that are currently supported in
gscan2pdf are translated in gscan2pdf (currently 26 languages have
been started).

Regards

Jeff