[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Jun 6 19:08:24 UTC 2008

Le Friday 06 June 2008 20:15:36 Werner Holtfreter, vous avez écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2008 21:09:56 schrieb stef:
> > 	you can compile and test CVS without installing it system-wide.
> > In a command shell, create a directory then 'cd' to it.
> > 	First you have to get the sources with (see
> > http://www.sane-project.org/cvs.html):
> >
> > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/sane
> > login cvs -z3
> > -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/sane co
> > sane-backends
> >
> > 	Once you have the sources, 'cd' to sane-backends, then configure
> > the build with:
> > 	./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
> >
> > then compile with:
> > 	make
> >
> > 	Then you can use the attached 'genesys' script (which must be
> > copied in the sane-backends/backend directory) and run it to test
> > your scanner with the new backend without installing it. It runs
> > with full debug. You can edit it to change resolution, width,
> > height and coordinates. The scanned picture will be in
> > 'scan.pnm'.
>
> Hallo Stef,
>
> thank you for the helpfully instruction!
>
> > 	In case you run any problem, let us know.
>
> The scanner didn't do anything.
>
> When compiling (or configure) I read a warning "without usb"...
>
> The scan.log:
>
> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of genesys to 511.
> [genesys] SANE Genesys backend version 1.1 build 9 from sane-backends
> 1.1.0-cvs [genesys] sane_init: authorize != null
> [genesys] sane_init: little endian machine
> [genesys] sane_init: reading config file `genesys.conf'
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 1: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 2: ignoring empty line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 3: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 4: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 5: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 6: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 7: ignoring empty line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 8: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 9: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 10: ignoring empty line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 11: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 12: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 13: ignoring empty line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 14: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 15: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 16: ignoring empty line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 17: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 18: ignoring comment line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 19: ignoring empty line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 20: ignoring empty line
> [genesys] sane_init: config file line 21: ignoring comment line
> [...]

	Hello,

	this strange. This could be related to the possible lack of libusb you
mention. On distributions, libraries are often split in two packages, one for
runtime and another for development. You may have to check you have
the 'devel' libusb package installed (there should be an /usr/include/usb.h
file and a /usr/lib/libusb.a or libusb.so on your system).
	Also, when running configure, you may add the '--enable-libusb' switch to be
sure libusb support is compiled in. To be sure run the following commands:
	make distclean
	./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-libsub

Regards,
	Stef