[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jun 11 19:39:01 UTC 2008

Le Tuesday 10 June 2008 22:50:53 Werner Holtfreter, vous avez écrit :
> Am Dienstag, 10. Juni 2008 21:09:58 schrieb stef:
> > > Thanks, this works fine! The starting point at the top of page
> > > varies only between 0,4...0,8.
> > >
> > > But --resolution 100 (I have short tested with others, but seen
> > > only with 100) the old problem sometimes: The scanner head
> > > starts to shake and does not move properly. Sometimes means
> > > about 30 %.
> > >
> > > (Log comes direct to you.)
> >
> > 	I've inspected the log. The only difference I can see with a
> > 'reference' run here is that the hack used to reset the AFE isn't
> > trigger here. Since I believe this issues are related to
> > powersaving, could check if your linux kernel has been built with
> > CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y ? The config file used to build kernel is
> > often stored in /boot.
> > 	I configured my kernel without it. It may be the difference.
>
> Hello,
>
> /boot/config-2.6.22.17-0.1-default  contains:
>
> .
> .
> .
> #
> # USB support
> #
> CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
> CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_OHCI=y
> CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_EHCI=y
> CONFIG_USB=m
> # CONFIG_USB_DEBUG is not set
>
> #
> # Miscellaneous USB options
> #
> CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
> # CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_CLASS is not set
> # CONFIG_USB_DYNAMIC_MINORS is not set
> # CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND is not set         <---------
> # CONFIG_USB_OTG is not set
> .
> .
> .
>
> I'm not sure that it is, what you searching. I use:
> Suse10.3  2.6.22.17-0.1-default
>
> By the way: I've seen the same problem (scanner head starts to
> shake) on a Window-PC. (My scanner was earlier on a other PC.)
> --
> Viele Grüße
> Werner Holtfreter

	Hello,

	so this isn't a USB_SUSPEND issue. Could you try your scanner at 100 dpi gray
scan on a windows PC ? If so, you can check that the scanner is working (ie
no hardware issue), then record the USB communication with the usb sniffer
available at http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/default.htm . Then send
me the log file of a 100 pdi scan so that I check that your scanner has
really the same hardware than mine.

Regards,
	Stef