[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

Werner Holtfreter Holtfreter at gmx.de
Tue Jun 10 20:50:53 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 10. Juni 2008 21:09:58 schrieb stef:

> > Thanks, this works fine! The starting point at the top of page
> > varies only between 0,4...0,8.
> >
> > But --resolution 100 (I have short tested with others, but seen
> > only with 100) the old problem sometimes: The scanner head
> > starts to shake and does not move properly. Sometimes means
> > about 30 %.
> >
> > (Log comes direct to you.)

> 	I've inspected the log. The only difference I can see with a
> 'reference' run here is that the hack used to reset the AFE isn't
> trigger here. Since I believe this issues are related to
> powersaving, could check if your linux kernel has been built with
> CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y ? The config file used to build kernel is
> often stored in /boot.
> 	I configured my kernel without it. It may be the difference.

Hello,

/boot/config-2.6.22.17-0.1-default  contains:

.
.
.
#
# USB support
#
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_OHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_EHCI=y
CONFIG_USB=m
# CONFIG_USB_DEBUG is not set

#
# Miscellaneous USB options
#
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
# CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_CLASS is not set
# CONFIG_USB_DYNAMIC_MINORS is not set
# CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND is not set         <---------
# CONFIG_USB_OTG is not set
.
.
.

I'm not sure that it is, what you searching. I use:
Suse10.3  2.6.22.17-0.1-default

By the way: I've seen the same problem (scanner head starts to
shake) on a Window-PC. (My scanner was earlier on a other PC.)
--
Viele Grüße
Werner Holtfreter