[sane-devel] [walterwego at macosx.com: Re: problem with gutenprint 5.1.7]

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Sep 6 19:26:29 UTC 2008

Hi Sane folks,

I'm the project lead for Gutenprint (printer drivers).  We have a user
who's having trouble using Gutenprint with the Epson RX685 using its
OEM driver on Macintosh OS X; should we recommend that people use Sane
on OS X with this printer (and other similar printers) in conjunction
with Gutenprint?  Is there any special advice we should give them in
this regard?  Does scanning work over a network in the kind of
configuration outlined below?

I have an RX580 that works fine with Sane (on Linux); unfortunately,
our OS X expert doesn't have one of these multi-function devices.

(If you have issues with people using Sane with OEM printer drivers
installed, perhaps you might want to point them at Gutenprint.)