[sane-devel] TravelScan 464 works but the page runs through twice

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon Oct 12 06:34:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 29 September 2009 10:51:38 Marcus Shaw wrote:
[...]
> I just bought a TravelScan 464, which is a small, portable scanner.
> It works fine so far, the only problem:
> It pulls the page in twice; The first time it justs feeds it trough,
> then the second time the actual scan starts.
> Is there a way to disable the first process?

in fact this should not happen. The scan in general starts
after inserting the sheet. BUT: on startup the paper sensor
will be asked and if it detects paper the driver ejects it,
after that the driver waits for inserting the next sheet.
So the procedure, insert, start scanimage, scan will not work.
Start scanimage, insert sheet, scann should work

> I use
> scanimage -l 0 -t 0 -x 215 -y 297 --resolution 150 --depth 8 --mode
> Gray --format=tiff >`date +%F_%A-`scan.tiff
> which works fine except for pulling in the page twice and that the
> calibration is still a mystery to me (under osx and win there is a
> calibration page and the process works differently to the
> sane-calibration, I allways have to enhance the image afterwards)

The calibration is done with a plain white sheet. The driver does
the black calibration by switching off the light and not by reading
black marks on a calibration sheet - that's the difference.

Regards,
 Gerhard