[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress 12000SP Plus

Антон Олексенко razum at inbox.ru
Sun Sep 20 09:12:08 UTC 2009

I have a very old scanner Mustek 12000SP Plus with dmx3191 scsi-adapter.

It's initialized in the system (Ubuntu x64), but I can't scan images because scanner freeze in different positions after pushing button "Preview" or "Scan" in xsane.

I tried to change different values in /etc/sane.d/mustek.conf but had no results.
The best result was with parametres

#--------------------------- Global options ---------------------------------
# option strip-height 10           # some SCSI adapters need this; scanning may
                                 # be faster without this option
 option force-wait               # wait for scanner to be ready (only necessary
                                 # when scanner freezes)
 option disable-double-buffering # try this if you have SCSI trouble

#-------------------------- SCSI scanners -----------------------------------
scsi MUSTEK * Scanner
# option linedistance-fix        # stripes may go away in color mode
  option buffersize 32         # set non standard buffer size (in kb)
# option blocksize 2048          # set non standard block size (in kb)
  option lineart-fix		 # lineart may be faster with this option off.
# option disable-backtracking    # faster, but may produce stripes

scsi SCANNER
# option linedistance-fix        # stripes may go away in color mode
  option buffersize 32         # set non standard buffer size (in kb)
# option blocksize 2048          # set non standard block size (in kb)
# option lineart-fix		 # lineart may be faster with this option off.
# option disable-backtracking    # faster, but may produce stripes

/dev/scanner
# option linedistance-fix        # stripes may go away in color mode
 option buffersize 32         # set non standard buffer size (in kb)
# option blocksize 2048          # set non standard block size (in kb)
# option lineart-fix		 # lineart may be faster with this option off.
# option disable-backtracking    # faster, but may produce stripes

when I did  "scanimage -d mustek:/dev/scanner > t.pnm"
scanning stopped at the end and in t.pnm I could see almost full image. Then scanner freezed up again and computer hung (It's always hang after i try to scan by xsane).

At the same time it's all OK in different Winows systems.

Maybe you know the way how to make it work?