[sane-devel] Mustek ScanExpress 12000SP Plus

Jacek Rużyczka stacheldraht at interia.pl
Sun Sep 20 11:48:24 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 20 September 2009 11:12:08 schrieb Антон Олексенко:
> I have a very old scanner Mustek 12000SP Plus with dmx3191 scsi-adapter.
>
> It's initialized in the system (Ubuntu x64), but I can't scan images
> because scanner freeze in different positions after pushing button
> "Preview" or "Scan" in xsane.

Hello,

what I can tell you is that I used to own one myself together with an openSuSE
10.2 machine. It did not work perfectly, but at leat it did produce scans in
fair quality.

What I cannot tell you is whether SANE support for the 12000SP has changed in
the meantime (this did happen with my HP Scanjet G2710, whose support suddenly
disappeared in openSuSE 11.1). Look for what sane-find-scanner tells you; it
might detect your scanner incorrectly.

Regards
Jacek