[sane-devel] Description file, Epson, and wildcards

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Fri Mar 5 01:07:55 UTC 2010

>  maybe we can agree on an field in the .desc, like
>
>  protocols: escp2, escp2-net, proprietary

I don't really think this is necessary. The comments in epkowa.desc regarding
the network plugin and the interpreter plugins can already be uniquely
identified and we do keep the strings consistent.

I was just pointing out that you need to be careful about the search terms your
script uses to identify interpreter models so that you don't exclude models that
use the (entirely optional) network plugin.

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp