[sane-devel] To owners of CanoScan 5600F: please volunteer for testing

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:12:02 UTC 2010

Dear frustrated and long-suffering owners of CanoScan 5600F,

I have had good fortune in the beginnings of support for the 8800F
using the pixma backend code (thanks to Allan, Nicolas and Milan for
the help, information and ongoing advice), and would like to know if
anyone is able and willing to perform some UsbSnoops under Windows on
the 5600F, and send these to me so that I can determine if the
protocol is sufficiently close to that of the 8800F to enable both of
them to be supported by the same driver code (or small variation
thereon).

What I would like is the log of a small color scan at 75dpi (small as
in the smallest your scanner driver allows, often 1 inch by 1 inch),
with all driver options turned OFF. If you would like to know how to
do a UsbSnoop scan, I am happy to give you instructions and links to
which software is required.

Thank you in advance,
Gernot Hassenpflug